Thursday, May 29, 2008
Kotobian Tadau Tagazo Do Kaamatan or happy harvest festival, at the end of May on 30th this month, KadazanDusun festival one of the main and permanent fixture of the annual Sabah Fest is the Tadau Kaamatan or Harvest Festival celebrations. The most easily-recognizable features of this celebration is the general merry-making, cultural performances, traditional sports, and of course, the Unduk Ngadau ( Harvest Festival Queen ) pageant.
The Tadau Kaamatan however has its antecedents in religious beliefs and traditional rituals of the indigenous Kadazan-Dusun people which are directly connected to rice planting and harvesting. If one is to delve deeper into the observance of this festival, one must understand the several rituals involved and their significance.
The Kadazan-Dusuns believe that in the days of yore the people suffered a great famine. Their God ( Kinoingan ) took pity upon them, and sacrificed his daughter, Huminodun, by cutting her into small pieces. Her flesh was sown over the land and from these sprang the first rice plants. Thus the Kadazan-Dusun community believes that the transfigured sacrifice of Huminodun is embodied as the spirit of rice known as Bambazon / Bambarayon. The Kaamatan ( Harvest ) Festival is therefore celebrated to fulfill the four major purposes :
- Home-coming of Bambazon to the Tangkob ( Large rice storage container )
- To restore Bambazon which was lost during careless harvesting and processing of rice through the Magavau ritual ceremony
- To feed the Bambazon with special food (rice wine, fermented rice ( tandut ), eggs, salt and feathers of a slaughtered chicken
- Friendship and merry-making feast.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Production of Sixcom co-branded firewall is complete and it is ready for download. The firewall setup files are available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista. Comodo advise companies to offer both versions to maximize the coverage and protection of their user base.
Comodo uses the term Malware to define all malicious applications including:
Comodo offers the Free Firewall software that helps block Malware from your machine before it can install itself.
That's right. AntiVirus software provides only about 50% of the protection you need to keep your computer, your identity, your finances and your family safe from Internet malware threats.You can do better. Comodo Firewall Pro PLUS with A-VSMART Warranty provides virtually 100% protection from these threats through its innovative technology PLUS professional care of your system by Comodo Security experts.
Mother's month and Mother's Day, people observed Mother's Day by writing letters to their mothers, and eventually, by sending cards, presents, and flowers. With the increasing gift-giving activity associated with Mother's Day, Anna Jarvis became enraged. She believed that the day's sentiment was being sacrificed at the expense of greed and profit. In 1923 she filed a lawsuit to stop a Mother's Day festival, and was even arrested for disturbing the peace at a convention selling carnations for a war mother's group. Before her death in 1948, Jarvis is said to have confessed that she regretted ever starting the mother's day tradition.
"Who ran to help be when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
"I love you,"
said a great mother.
"I love you for what you are
knowing so well what you are.
And I love you more yet, child,
deeper yet than ever, child,
for what you are going to be,
knowing so well you are going far,
knowing your great works are ahead,
ahead and beyond,
yonder and far over yet."
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
With Kota Kinabalu(Jesselton) being the gateway to Sabah and the eastern hub within the Brunei, Malaysia and the Philippines-East Asean Growth Area, the sizeable consumer market of 52 million will certainly augurs well for Sixcom new office branch. Kota Kinabalu's greater city area is said to have a population base of 350,000 while the outer district areas another 222,000. The state's overall population totals almost three million.
Besides putting Sabah on the international shopping and tourism map, Sixcom new office branch development project in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah situated at Alamesra project area just opposite University Malaysia Sabah(UMS), it's also the new place to dine, work and surf once all its components are fully developed in May 2009.
Monday, May 12, 2008
- We will strive to have open and honest dialogues with our readers.
- We will correct inaccurate or misleading postings in a timely manner. We will not delete posts unless they violate our policies. Most changes will be made by adding to posts and we will mark any additions clearly.
- We will disclose conflicts of interest.
- Our Standards of Business Conduct will guide what we write about — so there are some topics we won't comment on such as information about financials, SIXCOM intellectual property, trade secrets, management changes, lawsuits, shareholder issues, layoffs, and contractual agreements with alliance partners, customers, and suppliers.
- We will provide links to relevant material available on other blogs and Web sites. We will disclose any sources fully through credits, links and trackbacks unless the source has requested anonymity.
- We understand that respect goes both ways — we will use good judgment in our posts and respond to you in a respectful manner. In return, we ask the same of you.
- We trust you will be mindful of the information you share on our blogs — any personally identifiable information you share on a blog can be seen by anyone with access to the blog.
- We will respect intellectual property rights.
- We will use good judgment in protecting personal and corporate information and in respecting the privacy of individuals who use our blogs.
- Comments will be reviewed by bloggers before they are posted on our blogs.
- We will review, post and respond to comments in a timely manner. We welcome constructive criticism. We can't respond to every comment, but will read all of them.
As a growth Company, SIXCOM remains committed to the principles of Corporate Responsibility through its various stakeholder activities and projects, significantly contributing towards the agenda and the communities where it has a presence. In this, SIXCOM is driven by a belief that good Corporate Responsibility is a fundamental tenet of good Corporate Governance. Besides running a sustainable enterprise in line with international best practices, its corporate responsibility towards the community via, Information Technology development and community platform. Under the Community platform, the company contributes towards causes that bring tangible benefits to society and the nation at large.